Mobile Home Insurance
Mobile Home Insurance Information
Mobile homes are often convenient property ownership solutions for many Americans. Not only can people place a mobile home on a property belonging to them, but they can also move it as they relocate throughout their life. Mobile homes can serve as long-term property investments that can include all the features to make the house a home, so you’ll need to insure it with the highest-quality mobile home insurance possible.
Ramey Insurance is committed to the communities it serves, and we’re happy to help every property owner get the coverage that is best suited to their home. For all your mobile home insurance needs, give us a call at (941) 497-2468 or fill out our online form to request a quote.
About Ramey Insurance
Protecting your property means insuring it against many different hazards that might beckon in your local area. As an independent agency, Ramey Insurance has unique insights into the insurance needs of our southwest Florida clients. Using the latest in policy ratings tools, we’re able to research and compare the policy options of multiple top-rated insurers to find the one that not only offers you optimized coverage but also affordability.
Common Mobile Home Insurance Questions
Mobile home insurance will protect the property against several unexpected or unavoidable hazards, and therefore protect the homeowner against the costly losses that might result. Though mobile homes are dwellings, they have the unique ability to be moved by their owner from property to property. Therefore, their insurance needs vary slightly from those of the average homeowner.
In the event a covered loss occurs, mobile home insurance can help you afford the costs of repairing the damage and getting on with your life. It might pay for:
- Damage to the structure of the home from unexpected hazards like fire, storms or theft.
- Possessions damaged in covered hazards.
- The costs of harm done to other people that is the homeowner’s fault.
The coverage will account for the unique features of your mobile home to make sure it adequately covers all portions of the home.
Mobile homes are as much a home as any other stationary property. You made a financial investment when you bought the home, and you therefore want to be able to protect it. That’s what mobile home insurance is designed to help you do, and that’s why you should always have adequate coverage.
Not only that, but if you finance your home when you buy it, your bank will likely require you to have mobile home insurance. The coverage will act as protection for the bank’s investment in the property.
Most mobile home insurance offers several standard types of coverage, including:
- Dwelling Insurance: This coverage will insure you for the replacement cost value of your home.
- Detached Structures Insurance: Your policy can insure detached buildings on your property, such as storage sheds, carports, fences and gazebos.
- Personal Possessions Coverage: Damage to your belongings will have coverage under this part of your policy.
- Homeowners Liability Insurance: Should your mistakes or negligence harm someone else, this coverage can help you repay them. For example, if a neighbor falls in your home and then sues you, then this coverage can pay for their recovery costs.
- Loss of Use Coverage: After a hazardous household event, this coverage can help cover certain living expenses that arise if you must temporarily move out.
All policies will include deductible choices. Your agent can work with you to explain coverage and to properly insure your investment.
Please note: Your policy might not apply while you transport the mobile home. However, some insurers offer a coverage endorsement for physical damage sustained while you transport the home. This endorsement can also extend to personal possessions in transit, too. Check with your agent.